Here we go.

27 May 2014

Is it all over my face?


On Saturday, we took a hurried trip to Fort Smith-->Dallas-->Fort Smith to take my lil cousin to IKEA to pick out some things for her dorm, a treat for high school graduation.  We did not do any loafing around in the "Big D", as it is yuckily referred to by the old-timers around here, but we did get a meal in at Cosmic Cafe.  I'm certain there are loads of awesome restaurants in Dallas that would make me very happy, but we only go to CC. Their Okra Remedy and I Hate Eggplant sandwiches are total enlightenment.  We made it back to my aunt's home in Ft. Smith late Saturday night.  I slept on a twin-sized mattress in a teenage girl's room.  I received very little sleep despite my exhaustion.


Late the next morning, my aunt loaded us down with a lot of homemade Vietnamese food and we went back to North Little Rock.  On our way out of town, we stopped at a convenience store to gas up the car and get foode/drinke for the road.  Roxy Music's 'Love Is The Drug' was playing on speakers.  It was unexpected and it made me happy.


Yesterday, ATM & I headed over to Everett's for a BBQ about 4 p.  About 15 minutes into hanging out, I FELL.  I missed the last step of the back stoop and I WENT DOWN.  It took me a minute to get up and be helped over to some steps to sit because I was experiencing pain all over my body, primarily my left ankle.  I could feel that it had turned in a way that it shouldn't have.  I sat for a few minutes before, per ATM, I lost all color in my lips + face and I told him that I thought I was going to faint.  I suppose the fall put me into shock?  I could see psychedelia!  It was pretty + frightening!  HELP ME!  It took all effort to be led inside to lay out on the couch. I remember the French Open being on the telly, Djokovic acting goofy during a rain delay, which made the experience weird.  My foot was elevated and I was sipping an ice cold Topo Chico.  After 10 mins or so, I felt much much better.  The color came back to my face and I could rotate my ankle, but it still hurt like hell.  Minor swelling, no bruising.  Ibuprofen cocktail and early to bed!  Today, it still hurts + I've got a funny walk.  I'm stiff all over.  I'm hoping for full recovery by week's end.

Anyway.

Amateur photo of Saturn - your favorite planet - by Thomas Davison.
 photo DB13F0BC-DDBE-4135-8D98-A4527ED9265C_zpsowv0xtvk.jpg

Eyeball examination:
 photo E0E1DBB2-A35D-4C61-83EE-DC2DD5185F51_zpsfn0h4vtt.jpg

New specs:
 photo 24F90F31-C107-411D-82C1-2992C44A79DC_zpsa7hkgbvh.jpg

Say your good-byes:
 photo 002B45E3-1843-429A-A0C5-CFB40E5AC8DA_zpsivez905k.jpg

Be easy.
 photo 4F5C4E63-59C2-4C1E-ABC1-50BFB105CB44_zpsxqj3htmg.jpg

Our new couch cover makes the couch look like it's wearing a suit, getting ready for a job interview:
 photo 1E25BA2B-8127-4172-82A2-F9D9DFBC58B1_zpsbesqdexi.jpg

 photo 2869EC01-EA61-496E-ADB5-893264BF040C_zpskpjq3145.jpg

1 comment:

kmhd said...

Those stairs are awkward. I was so bummed it happened.

Great 'amateur' photo of Saturn. I wish my photos were that amateur.

BACK OFF!

Blog Archive